Here is our current COVID-19 Procedures
As we gather back at the church, we will be implementing a number of new protocols to ensure everyone’s safety. As the guidelines change throughout the summer, we will make the appropriate changes at the church. As proper distancing will be difficult to maintain at all times, we are asking people to wear masks at all times while in the church. These can be homemade cloth masks. If you do not have a mask, we have a limited supply that we can provide individuals or guests with. If you are unable to maintain distance during the outdoor service, please wear your mask. Sanitization of the church will be completed prior to each service and in between services as needed.
- Prior to entering the church, please put on your mask if you have one. We do have a limited supply of disposable ones if needed.
- Markings on the floor encourage one-way traffic and to assist with proper distancing.
- In compliance with government recommendations, attendance will be taken as you enter the church. This is for internal tracing purposes in case of a member contracting COVID-19.
- Upon entering the church, please utilize the hand sanitizer available at the welcome table.
- On Communion Sundays there will be individually wrapped elements for you to pick up on your way into the sanctuary. As usual, there will be gluten free options.
- Please maintain proper distancing in the sanctuary and sit where you are most comfortable. There are tables for family cohorts and spaced out chairs for those that prefer not to sit at the tables.
- At this time, we ask that there be no singing (humming is allowed), no handshakes or hugs.
- There are markings on the floor to show 2 metres spacing for those waiting for the washrooms.
- To minimize wait times at the washrooms, the nursery washroom is also available and marked out with 2 m spacing.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the church for your use.
- Sanitizer is available in the washroom that can be used prior to using the facilities.
- Please wait for oncoming traffic if you see someone coming from the other direction.
- After exiting the washrooms, follow the one–way traffic through the classroom/storage area back to the hallway.
General service protocols:
- We will not be having social times before or after the service at this time
- All hymnals and Bibles have been removed from the sanctuary, please bring your own Bible if you would like to follow the scripture for the day.
- There will be no weekly bulletins at this time. Order of service will be via email each week and on the overhead screen Sunday morning.
- Offering: Preference is for donations to be complete online by one of the methods listed each week in the newsletter. However, donations may be dropped off in the box by the welcome table before or after service. No collection plates will be circulated.
- Due to the restricted spacing in the hallways, access to the bathroom will be two-way in front of the hangers. We have removed all hangers to avoid congestion.
Please stay home if you are not feeling well or believe you have been in contact with someone infected with COVID-19.