As we gather back at the church, we are implementing a number of new protocols to ensure everyone’s safety. As the guidelines change throughout the summer, we will make the appropriate changes at the church. Since proper distancing will be difficult to maintain within the building, we are asking people to wear masks at all times while in the church. There is a limited supply of masks available for those that may not have one. Sanitization of the church will be completed before and after each service and in between as needed.
Please stay home if you are not feeling well or believe you have been in contact with someone infected with COVID-19.
- Prior to entering the church, please put on your mask if you have one. We do have a limited supply of disposable ones if needed.
- Markings on the floor encourage one-way traffic and to assist with proper distancing.
- In compliance with government recommendations, attendance will be taken as you enter the church. This is for internal tracking purposes in case of an attendee contracting COVID-19.
- Upon entering the church, please use the hand sanitizer available at the welcome table.
- On communion Sundays (postponed until September), there will be individually wrapped elements for you to pick up on your way into the sanctuary. A gluten free option is available.
- Please maintain proper distancing in the sanctuary and sit where you are most comfortable. There are tables or spaced out chairs for seating (photo below). If all individuals are wearing a mask properly (covering nose and mouth) distance between individuals may be reduced and tables can be shared with individuals outside your cohort group.
- At this time, we ask that there be no singing (humming is allowed), no handshakes or hugs.
Indoor services washroom protocol:
- There are markings on the floor to show 2 metres spacing for those waiting for the washrooms.
- To minimize wait times at the washrooms, the nursery washroom is also available and marked out with 2 m spacing.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the church for your use.
- Sanitizer is available in the washroom that can be used prior to using the facilities.
- Please wait for oncoming traffic if you see someone coming from the other direction.
- After exiting the washrooms, follow the one–way traffic through the classroom/storage area back to the hallway.
General service protocols:
- We will not be having social times before or after the service at this time; however, if you practice the proper social distancing, visiting may occur outside the church.
- All hymnals and Bibles have been removed from the sanctuary, please bring your own Bible of follow along on the overhead screen.
- There will be no weekly bulletins at this time. Order of service will be distributed by email each week. It will also be on the overhead screen Sunday morning.
- Offering: Preference is for donations to be made online by E-Transfer or one of the other methods listed in the newsletter. However, donations may also be dropped off in the box by the welcome table before or after service. No collection plates will be circulated.
- Due to the restricted spacing in the hallways, access to the bathroom will be two-way in front of the hangers. We have removed all hangers to avoid congestion.